Rosmarino is a small town of almost 2,000 inhabitants located in
the Messina province at 420 a.s.l. Founded during the Norman rule
over the Tyrrhenian coast of Valdemone, the town grew around its
castle, now heavily damaged, built around 1090.
1500’s Chiesa dell’Annunziata, incorporating a Dominican
convent, is decorated with interesting sculptures of the Renaissance
Age. Worth-mentioning is also an arcade containing the statue of
the Madonna and Child.
Chiesa di San Domenico guards the sepulchre of Laura Rosso, wife
of Baron Enrico Rosso, a well-known local benefactor.
there is the Chiesa di San Sebastiano, containing a 1600’s
canvas depicting the Madonna with Saint Sebastian and Saint Rock.