di Brolo is a town of the province of Messina, lying 314m a.s.l.
and totalling about 4,650 inhabitants.
in some documents from the late 1200s, it becomes a city in its
own right at the close of the 15th century. Its growth is largely
rooted in the silkworm breeding that flourished in the subsequent
most attractive building is the Chiesa Madre dedicated to Saint
Mary. Its interior is divided into three naves and contains several
works of art like two 1500’s marble statues representing the
Madonna del Lume and the Madonna col Bambino.
Church dedicated to Saints Philip and James is located in the old
side of the town. Flanked by an unfortunately damaged 1600’s
bell-tower, it retains its original 1500’s structure with
three naves and preserves numerous prized pieces, such as a 1500’s
marble sculpture representing the Annunciation, a 1500’s fresco
depicting Saint Stephen and a 1700’s wooden sculpture representing
the Madonna del Carmine and Saint Simon.
former Convent of Saint Michael the Archangel is also much interesting.
Unfortunately, both its furnishings and a rich library were lost
following an earthquake in 1450 that destroyed the building. The
complex was successively rebuilt and declared a National patrimony.